Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tequila

When you hear "Tequila" what comes to mind?  A gold colored liquor?  Mexico perhaps?  At any time did it cross you mind that this was a great name for a child?  Probably not.  While I was driving into work I caught a snippet on the radio about a local woman by name of Tequila who was upon charges for an exorbitant amount of cocaine in her possession.  My first thought was with a name like Tequila, it's no wonder she's in trouble.  I know, I know... I really shouldn't judge someone by their name, but  in all honesty I do think her parents did her a disservice by pegging that name on her.  I mean, really, what parent in their right mind would think to name their child after a very potent alcohol? 

Let's discuss what other names could set children up for failure, shall we?  I played around on google and here are some odd ones I found:

  • Shy - get ready to pay for public speaking lessons; nothing like being pegged a wallflower from birth.
  • Diesel  - apparently this is considered a "unisex" name.  Must be for back woods truckers and mechanics. 
  • Cobain - the last celebrity who had this name was a drug addict and committed suicide, just sayin'
  • Napier - pronounced Nappy-er.  Hmmm... I don't think I even want to go there.
  • Serius - is this kid a radio or an emotion?  "Why so serious, Serius?"
  • Saffron - Maybe she could join the Spice Girls when she gets older.
  • Kathiss - pronounced CAT-HISS.  Yeah, I think her mom must be the neighborhood "cat lady."
  • Lucifer - don't worry if he starts wearing all black and drawing pentacles on eveything, he's just expressive.
  • Lego - this kid is going to have so many issues growing up being named after a toy.
  • Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (pronounced Albin) - all I can say is WTF.  I hope the kid lives to see his 18th birthday so that he can legally change his name.
What other names are out there that really make you question the parents' intentions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'