When you hear "Tequila" what comes to mind? A gold colored liquor? Mexico perhaps? At any time did it cross you mind that this was a great name for a child? Probably not. While I was driving into work I caught a snippet on the radio about a local woman by name of Tequila who was upon charges for an exorbitant amount of cocaine in her possession. My first thought was with a name like Tequila, it's no wonder she's in trouble. I know, I know... I really shouldn't judge someone by their name, but in all honesty I do think her parents did her a disservice by pegging that name on her. I mean, really, what parent in their right mind would think to name their child after a very potent alcohol?
Let's discuss what other names could set children up for failure, shall we? I played around on google and here are some odd ones I found:
- Shy - get ready to pay for public speaking lessons; nothing like being pegged a wallflower from birth.
- Diesel - apparently this is considered a "unisex" name. Must be for back woods truckers and mechanics.
- Cobain - the last celebrity who had this name was a drug addict and committed suicide, just sayin'
- Napier - pronounced Nappy-er. Hmmm... I don't think I even want to go there.
- Serius - is this kid a radio or an emotion? "Why so serious, Serius?"
- Saffron - Maybe she could join the Spice Girls when she gets older.
- Kathiss - pronounced CAT-HISS. Yeah, I think her mom must be the neighborhood "cat lady."
- Lucifer - don't worry if he starts wearing all black and drawing pentacles on eveything, he's just expressive.
- Lego - this kid is going to have so many issues growing up being named after a toy.
- Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 (pronounced Albin) - all I can say is WTF. I hope the kid lives to see his 18th birthday so that he can legally change his name.