Monday, July 27, 2015

Summer Lovin'

Well, hey there!  Long time no see!  We have been so busy that I just haven't had a moment to sit down and compile my creative juices into any form of blog post.  From now until September the weekends have booked up as well, so posts may be few and far between until then.

Let's see...so what have we been up to?

Justin and I tried the 21 day fix by Beachbody.  He lost weight.  I gained weight.  Not a happy feeling, but I'll be honest.  Aside from the diet, I was terrible at making time for the workouts.  I'm going to give it another go though, it may take a few tries beyond 21 days but I'm going to do it.


On the home-front, we signed a contract with Spectra Painting to have our house painted.  We originally wanted to do siding and windows, but after quotes ranging from 30-50k we decided that painting was more economical and in 6-7 years we'll revisit the subject.  This summer has had it's share of rain so our paint job has been pushed out to 8/15, but I'm so excited and cannot wait to see our house all shiny and new!  This is the color scheme we've chosen with one minor tweak.  I wanted a true white trim versus the off white shown here. 


We attended a couple of weddings already this spring/summer.   My younger cousin Richie married his sweetheart Stephanie in May.  They are already expecting a little boy this fall.  My cousin Katie married her long-time love Jonathan in June.  They had so many adorable pinterest inspired touches at their wedding.  Both had excellent weather and I couldn't be happier for these two couples to start their adult lives together.


We spent the July 4th holiday with family on Long Island with my side of the family.  We visited White Post Farm, enjoyed a few heated pools, fireworks, and a family birthday party.  



Just a few short weeks later we traveled to New Jersey to see Justin's side of the family.  We celebrated cousin Lucas's first birthday, enjoyed italian ices, survived the squelching heat thanks to pools at Aunt Linda's and Uncle Tony's, and enjoyed a boat ride through the bay of Toms River into the Atlantic Ocean.  
 

We also squeezed in a day trip to Lake George to visit with the Dankievitch/Vasquez side of the family.  Jayson enjoyed more time in the pool and a trip on the paddle boat.  I absolutely love his new Puddle Jumper swimmies.  He's become so much more confident in the water with them on!


And lastly, this weekend we enjoyed a nice visit with my cousin Cathy and her girls.  We took a trip to Zoom Flume and also supported a local business, Dat's N Ice, for some ice cream. 


So what have you been up to?  I hope you've been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather we've had these past few weekends and throwing some business to the local attractions!  We certainly have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'