Friday, March 10, 2017

2 Months @ 2 A.M.

What better time to write about a two month old than at two a.m.?  It's quiet. She's just nursed and is snuggling on my shoulder.  I know it's moments like this that I'll be nostalgic for when she's her brother's age. Not necessarily the getting up in the wee hours, but the snuggles.  At two months, she is starting to hold on to me.  Right now I'm her person.  There's no playful debate as to who her favorite is because hands down it's mommy.  At two months there is no nagging, no arguing to eat her supper... Mommy is still the "nice guy."  In a few short years, that will all change and I will be the "bad guy" who disciplines for jumping on the couch, pulling on the dog, and any other trouble a toddler finds oneself in.  Daddy will be the fun one who let's her get away with murder because truth be told he's not really watching.  Anywho... I digress.


Two months old.  Alexis turned two months on the 4th of this month.  I wanted to wait to post until her well-child visit at the doctor's which was on the 7th.  According to her doctor she is developing beautifully.  She's a whopping 12lb 1.5 ounces and 23.5 inches long.  At this age her brother was only 10lb 10 ounces and 23 inches even.  I've heard that baby girls tend to thrive quicker and all that, and after having one I truly believe it.

Alexis is out to conquer the world already. She's a flurry of movement all day every day, thrashing about her little arms and legs like it's her J-O-B.  She is constantly trying to sit up.  She wants to see the world head on, even at the expense of her stomach contents.  Speaking of stomach, she has a voracious appetite.  She is a very efficient eater.  A nursing session takes 5-10 minutes tops.  We joke she's like a little shark.  During the day she's still looking to nurse every 1.5 to 2.5 hours.  Unlike her brother, she likes her sleep.  Since birth she gets up just once an overnight for a quick feeding and then it's back to bed.  I almost wonder if the rock-and-play has made the difference as she's still sleeping in one.  We didn't have one with Jayson.  Only on a rare occasion she'll get up twice and on those nights I have to imagine she is going through a growth spurt.

Let's see... we've covered eating and sleeping and her favorite parent. We briefly touched on height and weight.  Going back to size I want to highlight that she moved out of newborn clothes fairly quickly and I swear was only in 0-3 for about a week before I noticed that she was able to wear some of her 3 months items already.  Diaper wise, she had moved out of newborn into size one in the first few weeks.  As of late I've contemplated opening her size two diapers and updated our future subscription to send the new size.  Another milestone.  I feel like Jayson was in his size one diapers forever.  Not our little Alexis.

What else?  Well at two months she has started holding on to things that come in contact with her hands.  She gets excited to see us when she wakes up and seems to reach for us to pick her up.  Diaper changes have become a time for conversation and she'll coo and babble through each one.  We believe her first word is "Hi."  It seems to be the only sound she really repeats consistently other than "ah goo."  She likes to play on her play mat and spend time in her swing. She's not fond of tummy time but is fairly strong moving her head around.  She loves baths, hates getting out of them.  She doesn't cry much.  That's the only real time she puts up a fuss.  Her brothers, human and furry, adore her.  We've truly been blessed.

Now before I go getting all sappy and even more long winded, I'm going to wrap it up.  My dear Alexis, a.k.a Little Miss, Lexi girl, girlfriend... I love you to the moon and back.  Nothing will ever be good enough and I will always want more for you.  Our time together exclusively is dwindling and I'm going to miss the hell out of you when I have to go back to work.  In the meantime I'm going to soak up our 2 a.m. snuggles, eat up your cheeks, and breathe in your sweet baby smell. Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'