Friday, February 13, 2015

Emotional

I find myself emotional today.  No real rhyme or reason.  Not really sure what's going on there.  Perhaps it's the winter blues.  Valentine's Day is this weekend.  Woo-hoo.  No big plans made.  My husband will be snowmobiling.  Anywho, on the topic of Valentine's day I'll share a few tidbits that had me a little choked up this morning:
  • Justin and I got engaged on Valentine's day of 2006.  A little cliche, but probably one of my happiest days.
  • The first Valentine's Day in my apartment on Electric Ave, I came home from work to find a Valentine from my father on the doorstep.  He had driven an hour to drop it off. 
  • My late father-in-law was always so good about sending flowers to my mother-in-law at work.  I do remember a year though when he had accidentally sent flowers to the house instead.  She of course was upset all day at work thinking he had forgotten.  Being the ballbuster that he was  he played along like he forgot and hid them in the bathroom.  There they sat on the toilet seat cover with the mylar balloon just a-floating until she found them.  
  • The first year in our house, we went to eat at The Red Barn in Summit for Valentine's at the suggestion of friends of ours.  Having moved from the Albany area, we got dressed up and made sure to call ahead for reservations.  When we walked in, the bartender looked at us and said "oh, you must be the ones with reservations" and led us to a table with a sticky note on it which read "reserved."  We got a good laugh out of that.  The Red Barn was not somewhere you apparently needed reservations, nor did you need to be dressed up.  The food was excellent though.  It's unfortunate they had a fire and are no longer there.
  • Yesterday I came home to an early Valentine's day present from my dad because he didn't want to forget. 
  • This morning I came into work to find a Valentine for my son Jayson from my mother-in-law because she didn't want to forget.
I'm seeing a pattern here regarding forgetfulness...it's not looking good for the old gene pool.  Case in point, last week I mailed Valentine's cards from Jayson to his Grandparents because I didn't want to forget. Well, here's to not forgetting on Valentine's Day! Have a good weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'