Friday, June 15, 2012

Grilling, Planting, Welding & Carpet

You read that right.  Last night was an odd combo of events for sure.  The evening started out with Justin mowing lawn and myself putting together supper.  It was gorgeous out so I opted to use the grill.  I made the most delicious chicken last night that I figured I'd have to share. Not a formal recipe, this was a throw together, but it was oh-so-simple and oh-so-delicious.  I'm sure you could replicate it:

The Krueger Version: Chicken & Mushroom Spiedies Sandwiches

Ingredients/supplies (serves 2):
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 portobello mushroom caps, cubed
Hotdog or hamburger buns (your preference)
Shredded Mozzarella
Pampered Chef Chipotle Rub seasoning
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Aluminum foil 
1 BBQ Grill

Instructions:
Rip yourself two good size pieces of aluminum foil.  Place an equal portion of chicken and mushrooms on each foil square.  Drizzle olive oil on each pile.  Then drizzle balsamic vinegar over each pile.  Next sprinkle each with salt/pepper to your liking.  Give a few good shakes of the Chipotle rub to both.  Fold foil edges to form a pouch.  Place on grill (medium heat) for about 10-15 minutes, flipping your pouches midway (note: do this carefully so as not to spill their contents!)  Once cooked, assemble pouch contents onto your bun of choice (hotdog/hamburger buns work) and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.  The mushrooms absolutely soak up the flavors like you wouldn't believe and the chicken will be so tender, it's as if you marinated Spiedies-style for days.  Trust me, you'll want to try this.

So anyways, let's get back to my story about the evening.  After supper, Justin continued mowing the lawn and I made my way outside to weed the flower beds so that I could plant some bulbs my mom had given me.  This is when Justin informs me our mower once again needs repairs.  Typical.  Although this time it's not a spindle, bearing, spring, or belt that he can order and repair himself.  This particular injury to the old John Deere is going to require welding which is going to require tools and expertise that he does not have.  Fortunately a few text messages later my girlfriend Danielle's husband Mark is on board to provide the fix.  So Justin took the deck off the mower, loaded it into his truck and dropped it off to Mark who says he'll already have it ready for pick up today.  Awesome. Thank you Mark!

Our last bit of excitement for the evening had to do with a follow-up phone call to Lowes.  I called o find out where we stood for our order/installation since we haven't heard from them in almost a week.  Their "installation" department has apparently been out of commission due to an employee illness, but they had our contract drafted up and once I sign we're good to go! This is so exciting because once the carpet is installed our upstairs is done!!  Before and after pictures soon to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'