Saturday, July 27, 2013

Firsts

As we near the three month mark with Jayson, I can't help but think back on all the "firsts" we've experienced with him.

His First Day
His first ride in a carseat
His first tub

His first bottle with daddy

His first wedding 

His first visit to NJ
His first time in the pool
His first 4th of July
His first visit to Lake George
His first day at a water park
His first walk around Cooperstown

While we are on the topics of firsts, I can remember the first moment the nurses placed Jayson on my chest.  The overwhelming feeling of having known him forever is something I'll never forget.  I'll also never forget how he stopped crying the instant I started talking to him.  So insane how quickly he honed in on his momma's voice.  I also remember his first diaper change at home.  I wish I had it on video.  He of course set off a stream of pee which caught Riley right in the face (my poor dog!)  And lastly, I remember the first night we spent together at home.  How I slept on the floor next to his crib (I was so nervous - I've since come to trust the monitor in our bedroom.)  These are the things I'll wish to remember through his upcoming terrible twos and his trying teenage years because for right now I don't think I could love someone or something anymore than I love him right now. 

Friends I leave you with one last sentiment, a quote I read on Facebook of all places:

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided 
but for the feeling that you cherished them.
- Richard Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'