Friday, May 30, 2014

Fast Facts Friday

It's only been a few short weeks since I last posted, but I feel like so much has been crammed into that time frame that it would be hard to post about it all in detail so I'm condensing into a "Fast Facts" style post.  Many other bloggers I follow use this format and I think it will be helpful for me this go around.
  1. My bad luck has continued.  My car was hit at work.  I picked it up yesterday from being repaired.  In the meantime I had been driving around a bright orange Dodge Dart with all the bells and whistles.  I will miss the gas mileage, the bluetooth, and satellite radio but it's nice to have my Edge back.
    2013 Dodge Dart
  2. Jayson turned one in style surrounded by friends and family.  My Aunt Michelle made an awesome cake, as usual.  It's overwhelming how loved our little boy is.  I hope he realizes one day just how much everyone loves him.
    Jayson's 1st Bday
  3. We traveled to Jersey for Justin's cousin Tonianne's college graduation party.  We had a blast visiting with family who hadn't seen Jayson since he was a newborn, and some who hadn't seen him yet at all.
    NJ Visit
  4. We traveled to Long Island for Memorial Day and again had a blast hanging out with family who either hadn't seen Jayson since he was a baby and some who were meeting him for the first time.  My Aunt Kathy took some phenomenal photos of him while we were down (cake smash example at the bottom of this post). 
    L.I. Visit
  5. Jayson has begun taking 5-6 steps on his own between objects and people.  This is very exciting to him as well as to us.  Click here for a video.
  6. Has anyone used an online clothing rental service?  I was looking at Le Tote, The Mr. Collection, and CoutureSqd.
  7. In the news a gentleman from Florida struck and killed a State Trooper supposedly on purpose.  However, stories I've read don't add up.  I feel sorry for the Trooper's family and  hope authorities can get to the bottom of what really happened.
  8. Friends of ours just recently gifted us with a ton (A TON) of clothes their son outgrew ranging in size from 12-18 months all the way up to 4.  We are so blessed to have such awesome friends and family.  I don't think we've had to purchase much of anything for Jayson.  We've really lucked out.
  9. Jayson continues to amaze us with what he can do already at just over a year old.  At Uncle Richie's house this weekend he was riding a child sized four wheeler.  It was pink as Richie only has a granddaughter at the moment, but Jayson was thrilled to be riding a motorized vehicle.  Click here for a video.
  10. Prayers requested for my dad who is on his way to a doctor's appointment this morning to rule out if he has a blood clot in his leg.
Sorry for the tangent style post but there was so much to share!  How's your summer been so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'