Friday, March 1, 2013

Cake Boss of Schenevus

You know how I’ve got a guy for everything? Well, they’re all in New York. My suit guy, my shoe guy, my ticket guy, my club guy… and if I don’t have a guy for something I have a guy guy to get me a guy. And oddly enough, his name is Guy.”  ~Barney Stinson

Like Barney, I've had a go-to cake maker for the last few years.  It started with the offer to make the cakes for my parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary and since then I can't bring myself to buy an ordinary cake when a special occasion arises.  So for my Dad's 50th and my Husband's 30th, I of course reached out to the Cake Boss of Schenevus, aka my Aunt Michele.


Talk about some insane talent.  She says she loves doing it and its really only been a hobby of sorts for her, but seriously she could/should go pro.  Fondant, homemade butter cream icing, any flavor filling and a myriad of decorator tips are the tools of this creative mastermind.  With all the reality shows out there, she should be on one for cake creation and decorating (i.e. The Next Great Baker)!  If an opening arises and votes are required I would 100% support her like an American-Idol-Junkie with unlimited texting. 

At any rate, I hope she's not too embarrassed that I wrote this post and highlighted some of her cakes but I've always been thrilled with the designs that she's come up with.  Last night's fondant snowmobile for Justin's 30th was the "icing on the cake", pun most certainly intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'