Tuesday, July 15, 2014

F.O.R.D.

F.O.R.D. - acronym for "Fix Or Repair Daily" or so the joke goes.  Yes, I drive a Ford.  Why, I really don't know.  I liked it, it was the right price at the right time.  And yet my Dad works for Dodge.  Repairs would be a lot easier if I'd gone with a product carried at his dealership.  What was I thinking?  Apparently I wasn't.

Anywho, long tangent ended.  My Ford decided that while the heavens were opening up and drowning the state of New York it was going to boycott the use of my windshield wipers.  That's right.  The wipers died.  I have a 40 minute commute to and from work and a little guy to tote to and from daycare.  Driving without wipers is not really an option.  

My dad initially thought the issue could be as simply as a bad ground wire.  Of course I don't have that kind of luck, it needs a whole motor and as it turns out Ford doesn’t just make the motor itself.  I have to buy a whole assembly kit.  The only good thing is that even though Dad works at Dodge, he has contacts at Ford and gets a discounted rate on parts at his dealership.  It's still $200, but I benefit  his free labor.  Thank God for dads right?? 

I guess it is what it is.  I'm trying really hard to not complain.  I have to remind myself that I have a good job, a cute kid, a helpful husband and food on my table.  That's all that matters right?  Right.  Either way today just needs to end and I need to go home and drink a bottle glass of wine.  I've had my share of stress this week and it's only Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'