Monday, July 23, 2012

All fun and games...


It's all fun and games until someone loses a toenail, but I’ll get to that later.  This weekend was chock full of fun.  Friday night was the Schenevus Carnival where we got to catch up with many of our old high school friends, eat some fabulously cheap fried dough, and watch some of the best fireworks in the state of New York.  I also got my baby fix in as we hung out with Jennifer -Marie and her new baby Jocelyn. Saturday we cleaned all three vehicles with Jay's power washer (thanks Uncle Richie!) and then lazed about in our pool for a good portion of the day.  In the evening we met up with Justin's sister Elise and her fiance Dan for some Domino's Pizza and a double feature at a local drive-in.  We saw the newest Batman "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Ted."  Both were pretty good.  The Batman movie was certainly action packed, although a little overkill on the shooting scenes.  Ted was absolutely hilarious.  In typical Justin fashion, a verse from the Thunder Buddies song has become a new catch phrase for him.


Now getting back to the toenail reference, Sunday we spent the day at my parents.  They had graciously offered to watch the dog for us at their house while we were at the drive-in since we wouldn't be getting back home until 3am.  My grandmother was visiting and they had decided to bbq.  While Dad was doing his thing as the grillmaster the rest of us decided to start up a game of washers.  Justin and I won the first round, so in between games my Mom went back up to the house to get herself a beer.  On her way back her flip-flop slipped on the dry grass causing her to do an awkward split and in the process bend back a toenail.  The upside to this scenario was that a.) she didn't spill her beer, and b.) she didn't get grass stains on her white capris.  The obvious downside is that she will most likely lose her toenail.  So the joke of the afternoon was "it's all fun and games until someone loses a toenail."


Sunday evening when we got home Justin and I relaxed in front of the boob tube and watched "The Vow."  I'd heard negative things about the movie, that it was a let down, etc.  However, I actually enjoyed the movie.  It was definitely sad, but it equally had some very cute moments and the ending did leave you with a warm-fuzzy feeling.  I will admit I shed a tear or two and that I would categorize this movie with "P.S. I Love You."  I think what hits home the most is the "what if it happened to you" factor.  Overall, it was definitely worth watching and I loved both leading actors (Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum) in their roles.


What did you do this weekend?  Anyone else see Ted?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'