Friday, December 28, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...

A blizzard outside!  Our county was slated for 17-24" of snow and for once the weatherman actually got it right.  We easily have 18-20" in our yard right now after yesterday's storm.  After two dud years for owning a snowmobile it looks like this year will be a good one (and of course I cannot ride).  Justin had a blast last night riding with a few of his buddies while I stayed home cuddled on the couch in my Ski-Doo jersey playing XBOX360.  In a week's time I guarantee the jersey will no longer fit.

Aside from that I did enjoy the past six days off from work which involved a little shopping, a few movies, and a lot of family time.  Saturday we saw "This is 40" which was a dud.  If you saw the trailer you saw the only funny parts in the entire movie.  It really turned out to be quite a debbie downer.  Sunday was fairly low key day around the house.  Monday we had an ultrasound to get better shots of our baby boy's face, however he continued to allude the necessary close-up shot.  We made a day of it though with my mother-in-law Jean who was thrilled to see the baby.  We browsed some baby furniture, enjoyed lunch at the Cheesecake factory and then watched "The Guilt Trip" with Seth Rogan.  That movie was so worth it.  That evening we enjoyed dinner at Justin's grandmother's house and opened Christmas gifts with his family.   My favorite gift that evening, by far, was the singing lullaby dog which Jean got us for the baby's room.

Christmas day the dog and the hubs were up at 5am.  It's like having little kids, I swear.  Justin was fairly excited this year because his big gift to me was a Rocker/Ottoman set for the baby's room which I wasn't aware he had purchased.  It was a great surprise.  We put it together that morning.  He also ordered the cutest ornament which quickly found its place on the tree.  Riley breezed through the wrapping on all our gifts in record time and then settled in with his busy buddy bone.  Then it was time to head over to my parents for breakfast and more gift giving.  My sister Rebecca had gotten me a silver dachshund necklace which I absolutely love, and there was more baby stuff to be unwrapped from my parents and my sister Jessie.  This kid has some seriously cute little outfits and bib sets already.  It's making the next 20 weeks seem too far away!  Christmas dinner was held at my Aunt's house where my Grandmother presented me with a crocheted blanket for the baby and my Aunt spoiled us with more baby items, a Yankee Candle set, and another ornament.  We played "Five Second Rule" until nearly midnight.  It was a great time.  I haven't laughed so hard in so long.

The day after Christmas we had a follow-up appointment with my doctor to get my weight, blood pressure, and yet another urine sample.  Fortunately after all the goodies I consumed the past few days I didn't have any sugar issues.  Justin and I finally decided on a furniture set for the baby's room so since we were already up in Albany for the appointment we decided to place the order.  When we were browsing on Christmas Eve the store attendant had indicated that some sets could take upwards of 18 weeks on order.  Fortunately the set we chose we're looking at 8 weeks at the most.  It's getting serious folks.  I cannot wait to get the baby's room set up.



How was everyone's holiday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'