Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Top Ten Things...

It's been a while since I did a full-on pregnancy post, so here goes.  The top ten things I've noticed about pregnancy at 26 weeks:
  1. The little bugger is running out of space and makes connection with the left side of my ribcage quite often.  It can be painful enough at times that I wonder if my gallbladder is dysfunctional.
  2. Speaking of running out of space, my eyes are truly bigger than my stomach now.  I sometimes feel hungry enough to "eat a scabby horse" (Aunt Pat says this all the time) but then all I can manage to eat is the ear of that scabby horse without feeling uncomfortably full.  
  3. I'm finally round enough that people are no longer assuming I've just put on weight, although I love getting the hesitant "are you expecting question?" or "when are you due?"  I sometimes just want to mess with people and say I'm suffering from a thyroid condition or that I'm just fat, but I think better of it.
  4. All the books say you'll have more energy through the last two trimesters, well I'm here to call their bluff.  Sure you may feel like you have more energy, but midway through doing anything your body yells out "psych, just kidding!" 
  5. No one tells you until its too late just how hard it is to find a local daycare with an infant opening.  A zillion phone calls later and I think I've found one, but I'm thinking if I ever decide to have another child I'm going to ask around before conception.  You can never be too prepared in this arena.
  6. I've yet to have any major food cravings, which frankly is a little disappointing.  I wanted to want something strange like pickles and cheese with a side of ice cream.  Instead, all I can honestly say is that I'm constantly thirsty but I'm fairly certain water doesn't count as a food craving. 
  7. I don't want or like vegetables in my current state.  Unless it's a baked potato smothered in sour cream.  My mom always raised me to be a "meat, starch, vegetable" kind of gal when it came to assembling meals, but veggies have just not been the highlight of my life lately.  I'm not not eating them, but I would prefer not to.  Did that make sense?
  8. Although I can't really say that I've noticed weight gain anywhere other than my stomach at this point in time, I can say that my feet have recently gone through some sort of change.  I went to put on a pair of shoes this morning that normally fit, but today they were a little snug.  
  9. I'm still operating in a fog most days which I am attributing to pregnancy hormones.  Mornings I'm slow to get going, evenings I'm quick to get run down, and the memory is less than stellar. 
  10. Lastly, I am stretch mark free in the abdomen/hip area (knock on wood - don't want to jinx it) and I attribute this to St. Ive's Collagen lotion.  My doc said to use collagen, and so that's what I've been doing.  I cannot speak so for my "girls" though which have increased a whole cup size (woot woot!) because there is one lone stretch mark on each.  Nothing angry or horrible looking, but they're there none the less (boo!)



1 comment:

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'