Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Manic Monday

This past Monday I had off from work for my Glucose Test, however, very quickly the day filled up with other events including a visit to the Vet's Office, a stop at two different stores, baby furniture delivery, media cart assembly, and a second trip to the Vet's Office.  No worries, Riley is fine but I'll delve into our two trips momentarily.

For starters, Justin and I took the whole day off as we didn't know what to expect from the Glocose Test.  I've heard horror stories of vomiting all day, etc.  The Glucose test turned out to be a piece of cake, no pun intended here considering the copious amounts of sugar consumed.  I only felt a little queasy midway through the hour of observation, similar to that carsick feeling I get when reading in a moving vehicle.  The liquid wasn't terrible either so long as you gulped it quickly.  The flavor of choice for the day was orange and it was fortunately served cold.  I'd say it was a sweeter version of orange soda without the fizz.  Certainly a flavor I'll never forget and not something I'd like to consume again.  

In trying to make the most of the day off, I figured if we had to drive up towards Albany we'd drop the dog off at the Vet's to be groomed and then pick him up on the way home.  I also wanted the vet to look at a couple of spots on his tail while they were working on him.  Needless to say, the Glucose test came and went, a visit was paid to I-Hop for some much needed food, and then a stop at Bed, Bath, & Beyond as well as Babies 'R' Us was made while waiting for a status update on Riley.  I finally called the Vet's office only to be told he was still waiting to be seen by the doctor and hadn't yet been groomed.  He'd been there since 7:45am and here it was noon already.  With the outrageous snow forecasts predicted the prior week, the baby furniture delivery had been rescheduled from Saturday to Monday for the time frame of 1:00pm - 5:00pm so Justin and I had to get our rear ends home.  Hence, the second trip back out to the Vet's later when he was finally done at 3:40pm. The verdict: apparently he has freckles/moles on his tail.  Who knew?

At any rate, while we were at home waiting for the furniture delivery, I decided to assemble the media cart for the spare room which we'd finished making pretty over the weekend.  If you recall, we spent the better part of a week repainting it a few weeks back.  Well let me tell you, assembly of this "cart" was less than comedic.  Fortunately my dad stopped on his lunch hour and lent a hand.  Why wasn't my husband assisting you may be wondering... well, Justin was too busy obsessing over his snowmobile which was "making a noise." Yeah, that's a whole other story but thank god it's recently been remedied.  I don't know if I could have handled another day of his sulking.  You'd swear he was the moody pregnant one and not me.  

In the meantime the furniture did arrive, however we ran into a little snafu with assembly. I'd paid for delivery and installation.  They assembled the crib but refused to assemble the hutch (literally put the hutch on top of the dresser) because according to the delivery men it was a "separate fee."  Needless to say, I called Buy Buy Baby and sure enough it was not supposed to be a separate fee, it should have been assembled, and they were willing to reschedule to send the delivery guys back to which I said "no thank you" and instead asked for a partial refund of my installation fees.  My dad and Justin managed to get the hutch onto the dresser and the nursery is finally starting to come together.  I've been delinquent with pictures, but I promise they're coming.

"Just another manic Monday
I wish it were Sunday
'Cause that's my fun day
my I don't have to run day..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'