Monday, March 25, 2013

Nesting?

I don't know about you, but these weeks just continue to fly by!  Another weekend bites the dust.  This one was notoriously short, although productive.  We finished the painting and trim work in the other spare bedroom, aka our soon to be play room.  So far we've hung curtains and moved the bassinet in there.  Justin also boxed in an outlet in the closet and did some drywall work.  I tell you, he's becoming quite handy.  I guess I'll have to keep him around. We also had our last "Prepared Birthing" class.  Justin was so proud he successfully swaddled our fake baby.  My cousin Cindie had her baby shower, which we missed because we were in class, but my mom took photos for us of her opening our gifts.  We're only two weeks apart on our due dates. It's getting close folks.  And lastly, I've thrown in a picture of my younger sisters in their new Easter Dresses, which they sent me photos of last night.

I did get some items completed for my sister-in-law's upcoming bridal shower and bachelorette, although photos will have to be postponed (wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for her if she happens to pop on here!)  Other household chores went by the wayside however.  I completed some loads of laundry, but they've yet to be put away.  I guess I know what I'll be doing during the week when I get home from work, presuming I have enough energy.  Our little four-pounder (his last measurement from 3/20!) must be going through some serious growth spurts because I have had little to no energy lately.  "I think I can, I think I can..."  Surprisingly though, I did have enough energy to whip up a good meal the other night.  I had fresh parmesan cheese and buttermilk in the house so I made a homemade parmesan cheese sauce with pasta (recipe here, substituted half of milk called for with buttermilk) and some Oven Crisp Chicken (my Aunt Lynda's recipe, below).  It was so yummy.  Really hit the spot.


What are the signs of nesting?  I'm pretty sure I'm on the cusp of this phase.  I have so much I want to get done at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'