Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mr. Sandman

I have heard and read several articles about strange dreams during pregnancy.  Up until now I haven't had too many that I could recall upon waking.  Last night however was the exception.  
  • We were in a tropical location.  Think: wooden huts over water.  Gorgeous.  Not too shabby for a dream.
  • We were there for Thanksgiving.  This didn't strike me as particularly odd. I've contemplated going on a cruise for this holiday before. 
  • Some of my SUNY coworkers had traveled there with us.  This was odd.  I'd have expected more family on this trip...but hey, it's a dream.
  • I was doing laundry.  I found this strange, seeing as how we were on vacation and laundry isn't typically my chore of choice.  You may recall I've mentioned Justin is the "Laundry Nazi" of our house.
  • My dog was locked in a side room with something demonic (paranormal activity?) and I had to stop what I was doing to coax him out from under the bed.  Definitely getting sci-fi strange by this point.
  • Lastly, my mother-in-law discloses over our tropical Thanksgiving dinner that she is expecting.  Yup, this takes the cake. The dream has officially entered the twilight zone of weird. 
Thinking back now as I write this, it all seems comical.  Although the paranormal activity scene with my dog still really bothers me.  Call it my mother instinct kicking in, but I feel this urge to protect him.  I know you're probably reading this and thinking "what? out of all that, the mother-in-law expecting thing wasn't what stuck with you??"  Well, no.  We've kidded before about it, specifically referencing the Father of the Bride Part II movie, but if you mess with my dog that's a whole different ball game.

I'd be interested to know what a Dream Interpreter would make of all this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'