Thursday, October 10, 2013

Future Fire Fighter, Part Deux

In looking back through my posts about Jayson I realized I never did bring you up to speed on his very first fire drill!
 
Jayson was a brand new baby at the time and we planned our first outing together which involved going to see daddy for lunch and then driving to Jayson's very first wellness visit.  We proudly made it out if the house by 11:45am and made it to Justin's work in time for lunch.  We did the obligatory walk around the office to show off Jayson and then settled in at Justin's desk for sandwiches.  Well just as we begin to eat the fire alarm goes off.  Jayson manages to sleep through it as we made our way out of the building and to the edge of the parking lot.   Fire trucks soon arrived and blocked in my vehicle parked in visitor's parking at the front of the building.  Needless to say this was no drill. 

I was in total panic about making it to Jayson's appointment in time,  not to mention worried about when/where/how to nurse him since this "drill" had actually turned out to be a full fledged fire in the building's air conditioning system. I wasn't all that skilled, or comfortable,  with nursing in public at that time.  What a fiasco.   Fortunately I didn't have to worry about it too long and we did make it to Jayson's appointment with enough time to nurse him before going in.

Just my luck though that on our first outing (while I was still very hormonal) we had this high stress scenario. Do you have any similar stories to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'