It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies when you have a child. It seems like only yesterday my husband and I found out we were expecting and only a blink ago did I wake him up to head to the hospital. Needless to say, Jayson is another month older and still smiling that charming little smile of his.
So to recap month five for Jayson:
- He loves chattering along to the radio in the car. Maybe he'll be on American Idol one day, who knows. I wish I knew how to post a sound clip on here, I have a couple from our recent car rides.
- He is obsessed with his jumparoo. I swear this kid has the energy of the energizer bunny.
- Screeching. Fortunately it's not a real high pitch girly screech, but he's apparently found his voice. It's so funny to watch him screech at Riley. Riley gives him the sideways head look and wags his tail.
- Splashing in the tub (accompanied by screeching). He has graduated from his tub seat to simply laying in the water without it. He gets so excited now if he even hears the tub running. He loves tub time. Oddly enough, Riley used to run and hide when he heard the tub running but now he peeks over the side of the tub to watch Jayson play in the water. I have to get a picture posted on here of it. They are adorable together.
- A friend of ours has let us borrow a kick-and-play mat and Jayson is all about it. His legs are constantly moving anyway, so this another way for him to put them to use outside of the jumper.
- We're still watching Bob the Builder on Netflix, but we have expanded to Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well as Sesame Street.
- Jayson is now in size three diapers. He still goes through quite a bit of them, almost one an hour at times, and I'm hoping that when it comes time to potty train he'll take to it pretty easy since he doesn't like being wet.
- He is wearing mostly 6 Month and 6-9 Month clothing now. There are very few 3-6 Month items that still fit. I feel like he skipped over that size.
- Jayson is still on a strictly breast milk diet and as of his last appointment he was 15lbs and 26 inches long. We have another wellness visit the end of this month which will include more shots and we'll possibly get the go ahead for solid foods.
- Speaking of food, he's starting to show interest in grabbing at drinks or food in our hands so I'm thinking he's just about ready. Although, I'm a little nervous about food allergies after he had that mysterious bout with hives.
- Our boy is already technologically savvy. In light of his becoming so grabby with things, he tries to take our cell phones out of our hands quite frequently. I've downloaded two free baby apps which lets him touch/play without being able to get into anything else on our phones.
- He seems to be bonding more with Daddy these days. He is his father's son, they even lounge the same when watching football. Sunday and Monday nights look identical.