Tuesday, January 28, 2014

{ Hugs }

Every now and then a certain something comes along and turns your world upside down.  Whether it be a movie, a song, or an item in the news.  For me, the past week has been full of such atrocities.  Shootings at colleges occurred every week day last week.  Scary.  This always puts me a little on edge as I work at a college.  Not to mention its another bleak reminder of the world I've chosen to bring a child into.  Now couple those news stories with the tragic death of the farmer who's property adjoins my parents. Yeah, it's shaping up to be a pretty grim January.

Folks, go home and hug your significant other.  Hug your children.  If you don't have children hug your pets. Hell, hug a stranger.  If there's anything the past week has demonstrated to me it's not that life is too short, it's that it's precious.  Value you it while you have the opportunity to.  Make the most of today before the big guy upstairs decides to punch your ticket.  If for nothing else, everyone could benefit from a hug.  I know I can't wait to get home and hug this little guy: 


My thoughts and prayers are with the Banks family during this difficult time.  "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." ~From a headstone in Ireland.  

***Update: Donations for the family can be made here or sent to the Westford, NY Fire Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'