Friday, October 12, 2012

Furry Friday: Halloween Prep

I cannot believe how long it's been since I wrote a Furry Friday post.  I'm also kicking myself that I didn't take any pictures of Riley this past weekend trying on his Halloween costume.  That's right, Riley even gets into the spirit.  One year he was a Hot Dog (creative for a dachshund don't you think?) and another year he was a Devil.  This year we didn't have his hair trimmed in August and so he's a little shaggy, however this would work great for a few costumes on the market right now: Yoda, Scarecrow, and... PIRATE.  Can you tell we went with Pirate?  He's so friggin' cute.  In the past, he wasn't crazy about the other costumes because they were constricting (one was a t-shirt style, the other had to velcro around him), so this year we simplified.  His costume has a skull and crossbones bandana and a pirate's hat.  Surprisingly he sits still long enough to put on the hat.  I should take some photos of him in all his costumes to date to share on the blog.

In the past I've shared photos of his fall attire (the little guy has to keep warm) and even a snapshot of his newest Christmas sweater. I think its time for another Riley fashion show.  Boy, I hope his old costumes still fit him.  I'm a little skeptical about the Devil one, but we'll see.  He makes such a cute Pirate.  Stay tuned for photo updates to today's blog post!  In the meantime enjoy one of him rocking out in his favorite gray hoodie.


****UPDATE****

Apparently we no longer possess Riley's devil costume (truth be told, he outgrew it anyway).  However, the ever famous Hot Dog and Pirate were on hand for a quick photo shoot.  I say quick because I could only dangle treats so long before he wanted to take his Pirate hat off.  I tell you, this dog is pretty tolerant.  And cute.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'