Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No Spring Chicken

This weekend I had the great idea to repaint our spare bedroom.  Well actually, it was more like chain of great ideas which included repainting our former bedroom and making it the new spare and then repainting what was the current spare bedroom and making it into a playroom.  Also mix in wanting to repaint the hallway.  All easier said than done.  I'm not sure if it's my "nesting" phase kicking in but I'm fairly certain that second trimester energy is much like my appetite lately:  my eyes are bigger than my stomach...er...my goals outweigh my current burst of energy.  Something like that.

Needless to say, we spent much of this weekend priming and painting the new spare bedroom.  We have one coat of paint left and a final coat of trim paint to do before calling it quits.  It really hasn't taken us too long, however I'd apparently forgotten how much work was involved with cutting in all the edges, refreshing the window trim, etc.  Apparently I repressed all the memories from the time we spent redoing our upstairs, although that involved wallpaper removal (hell on earth) so I'm sure that's why I've chosen to selectively forget.  Hopefully childbirth will be like that.  Hell on earth but easily repressed.

The room looks great so far, but I have definitely bitten off more than I can chew.  The second trimester's increase in energy is a bit of a facade.  You feel like you can take on the world, but an hour into it and you are desperate for caffeine.  A full twenty-four hours later and your muscles are telling you that if you so much as think about lifting a paint brush there will be hell to pay.  I have been walking around like a 90 year old woman and the "great idea" of repainting the spare bedroom is to blame.  God bless my husband because he's still ready and willing to tackle the remaining tasks.

Who likes to paint, has A.D.D., and lives locally? Feel free to pop on over to help with the remainder of my "great ideas."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'