Monday, January 21, 2013

Foot rub anyone?

I feel like I've been going non-stop for a week straight.  This is a feat in and of itself considering most days I don't feel like I can get out of first gear, so to be going non-stop is really quite the accomplishment for me.  

This past week was a huge payroll period for me since it was the start of the second semester.  There was also a freak snow storm midweek on payday and as much as I wanted to stay home in bed, I made the trek to work to hand out paychecks.  Plus I had a hair appointment that evening that I didn't want to miss.  Well, needless to say it never fails that my hair appointments land on bad weather days and end up rescheduled.  So instead I made follow up phone calls to vendors for my sister-in-law's bridal shower.  Thursday I finally got my hair done, it's a little more red than anticipated but a much needed change none the less.  Friday was the Midyear Mingle on Campus which my committee is in charge of, and so I spent most of the day on my feet setting up and working the event.  Ouch.  I have never felt my feet throb before, I'm going to assume its a side effect of pregnancy.  Who knew carrying around a half baked fetus could cause that much pressure on the old feet?  After work on Friday Justin and I met with a local daycare provider.  I need to call and set up a few more places for comparison, but I felt it went pretty well.  But I tell you, by the time we got home I have never been more happy to put my feet up.  However, the week wasn't over.

As if I hadn't learned from my experience on Friday I hopped in the car with friends for a full day of shopping up in Albany on Saturday.  I did wear sneakers but again spent the day pretty much on my feet.  I'll say it was worth it because Olive Garden and the Lemon Drop's frozen yogurt made it into our schedule.  The company I was with wasn't so bad either (thanks Danielle, Jackie, and Michelle for the much needed girls day!)  Ever the glutton for punishment, Sunday was another day I really should have just relaxed but instead I went grocery shopping and decided to tackle new curtains and curtain rods for the living room.  This is a project I've wanted to do for a long time, but finally got around to doing.  You see I just washed and rehung much of the existing curtains in the house from when we moved in.  They were a.) not our style, and b.) god-awful ugly.  When we finished the upstairs I was so excited to put up new curtains and now I'm slowly sprucing up the rooms downstairs.  Slowly being the operative term here because after spending HOURS on my feet yesterday ironing and hanging curtains in the living room, I don't think I'll be tackling anymore curtain/rod projects for a while.  My feet are protesting in agony.  Needless to say I could use a good foot rub and a new husband that's willing to do so. Mine felt like his job was done since he hung the hardware for the curtain rods in between football games... um, yeah. I'm thinking a professional foot rub and pedicure are going to be "gifted" to me via his credit card.  Maybe next time he'll be more receptive to providing a free one at home.

Thoughts, tips, and tricks for achy feet during pregnancy?   As much as I'd like to, being a couch potato just isn't an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'