Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Afternoon Siesta

So after four long days off filled with holiday eating, this fat-kid could really use an afternoon siesta.  Unfortunately in America a nap during the workday is frowned upon.  So I'll start the count down to five o'clock and consume a few caffeinated beverages between now and then.  By the time I'm done with supper later, I'll be ready to snuggle up on the couch and call it a night. Who's with me?

Speaking of caffeinated beverages, the Dunkin Donuts Mint Hot Chocolate has taken that special place in my heart normally reserved for the Dunkaccino.  Boy that stuff is good, but pretty heavy on the calories... all 310 of them!  I'll have to enjoy them now before everyone else's New Year's resolutions kick in worse than Catholic guilt.  Supposedly after January 1st, I should be replacing my preferred caffeinated beverages for two black coffees a day while chomping on almonds in order to boost my metabolism.  Well, seeing as how I don't like black coffee I can cut those calories out and exchange them for two glasses of red wine, although in America this is also frowned upon during the workday... oyyy, I should have been born European.


Does anyone really truly make New Year's resolutions anymore?  I really don't, I just try to cut back on the naughty eating habits developed between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I guess I could benefit from becoming more active but cold weather and darkness only makes me want to cook up comfort food and go to bed early. And since we in NY have no snow yet, it's not as if I'll be out on the snowmobile trails anytime soon.  Guess it's time to reload the iPod and get my butt downstairs on the elliptical.  Any suggestions for a new playlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'