Thursday, December 1, 2011

Someone To Watch Over Me

This morning I should have been at a meeting in Albany for the Capital Region Human Resources Association.  I'd already preplanned to be there, mapquested my way as it was a new location, and for whatever reason when the alarm went off this morning I talked myself out of it.  I couldn't justify the amount of commute time that would keep me away from the office this morning.  For those who know me, the commute has never been an issue.  For over eighteen months I commuted more than 3 hours round trip just to get to work.  Some might call me a Road Warrior.  However, this morning was different and for that I am now thankful.  There was a fatal car accident on I-88 near Duanesburgh this morning around the exact time I would have been traveling through.  That mangled mess of metal could have been me.  Apparently someone upstairs still wants me here.  My condolences to the families of those involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'