Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ch-ch-changes

Lots of changes going on this week with things near and dear to my heart.  Now don't go asking if I'm expecting or anything like that.  I'm talking about Netflix and Facebook.  These are items I utilize almost daily and apparently they've been shaking some things up.


Sadly, I have become accustomed to Facebook's constant changes.  Mainly because they have been minimal and easy to navigate.  I can honestly say I have become a little miffed with how many times I have to go in and check on what security/privacy settings I have based on how many updates they continue to make, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.  To stay one step ahead of their competitors Facebook is constantly evolving.  Their latest change however, has me wondering wth is going on.  My new home screen is a mish-mosh of over-stimulation.  If I wanted to be a day trader reading stock tickers and all that other happy horse-$hit, I would work on Wallstreet.  However, I am no so person and thereby I want a simple interface by which to stalk all my friends life changes.  Fortunately my mobile phone still shows my Facebook in a format I can digest, so until that changes I think mobile-viewing has become my new friend.

As for Netflix, I don't even think they know what's going on with them.  Over the summer they had us all up in arms over doubling our monthly costs by splitting the DVD mail delivery and the digital streaming into two separate services.  They lost about a million customers of their twenty-five million customer base.  That's four percent.  Pretty high, but they weren't worried because they all but doubled their revenue if folks were lazy enough like me to leave both services on the bill.  The thing about it is how they went about it.  It just didn't make good business sense.  Now, apparently they are splitting into two entities?  I say that with a question mark because I'm not really sure.  I've read they'll be Qwickster and Netflix.  Netflix being the digital streaming and Qwickster the DVD service.  Now will I have to log-in to two different sites to pick out my movies?  Are prices changing again?  What is the deal?!

Who thinks the constant changes of Facebook and Netflix will be their downfall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'