Monday, September 19, 2011

Feeling Fall-ish

I have to say that Fall is probably my favorite season.  It's not too hot, it's not too cold, it doesn't rain as much as April/May, I can still get sweet corn, apple cider donuts are abundant, apple cider is fresh, I got married in the fall, fall attire is flattering... the list goes on and on.  However, one of my all time favorite things about fall is decorating.  More so than Christmas.  I don't go as nutsy with fall decor as I do with my Christmas decor and I think that's what I like about it.  It's subtle and easy to set up and take down. 

I don't decorate for "Halloween," per say, I decorate once for the whole Fall season.  Halloween is just one day and we don't get any trick-or-treaters anyway so I can decorate to my heart's content with all other kinds of fall-ish items.  Place mats, pumpkins, eggplants/gourds, cute scarecrows, scented candles and leaf wreaths just to name a few.  Plus I'm an earth-tone person when it comes to my normal decor in the first place.  I like browns, beiges, maroons, sages... these are my colors.


Aside from decorating, I love that Fall provides the perfect outdoor temperature to encourage indoor baking, lighting a fire in the fireplace on a cool night, and curling up with a good book and a cup of tea (yes, I know, we already established that I'm like my mother.)  I like to experiment with pie baking, cobbler making, and the occasional crockpot recipe.  It makes my house smell wonderful and I feel so... homey and relaxed.  I'm not sure how else to describe it.  Fall is chillax and I like chillaxin'. 



What's your favorite season?  Why?  Don't spare me the details...just spill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'