Friday, September 23, 2011

Furry Friday: Sleepy Boy

With the onset of Fall, I can honestly say I myself have been sleepier than usual.  Getting up when it's dark out to get ready for work is a total bummer.  By the time I get home and sit down to dinner, it's dark out.  Pretty soon it'll be back to the old routine of driving into work in the dark and driving home from work in the dark.  The days will be severely shortened and I'll start to feel like Al Pacino's character in Insomnia.  Well, maybe not that tired because I am not subjected to the six months of darkness that Alaska experiences, but you get my drift.

There is someone else in our household who is much sleepier lately.  Riley is just about to go into all out hibernation mode here.  It's colder and darker now which means all he wants to do is snuggle and sleep.  It makes it especially hard for me to leave him in the mornings because, likewise, all I want to do is snuggle and sleep.  And he's so cute at it, just look at my sleepy boy:


He's going to be even more sleepy today.  Today he has a Vet appointment at 3:00pm and he's scheduled for four shots (Kennel Cough, Lyme booster, Distemper booster, and the "Heartworm/Ehrl/Anaplas" (whatever that is).  Vet days are exceptionally draining for him.  There's the excitement of the car ride, the stress of the appointment, the soreness of the shots, and then he'll mope around all night at home.  I do feel bad for him, but ultimately I have to remember it's for his health and to prolong his little life with us.  So, stick him with all the needles necessary because I love the little booger.

Do you take your pets in to see the vet regularly?  Are they good about it or do they dread it and mope around afterwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'