Friday, September 9, 2011

Furry Friday: Kindergarten

With all the back to school posts running rampant on Facebook, it got me thinking that if Riley were human I'd have a full-fledged Kindergartner on my hands this time next year.  Can you believe it?  He'll be five this coming June.  To me he's still a pup.  I can remember the first day we got him and the long ride home with him on my lap.  When his red loofa toy was as big as him.  How my heart felt like it would break every time I left the house because he would cry. Where does the time go?



Over the course of four years there are things about Riley that have definitely not changed and then there are other quirks, so to speak, that have become more pronounced.  Things that presumably will always be the same: he wants you to be in the same room as him while he eats; he loves to snuggle with his mommy in the mornings when daddy is showering; he loves to chew his bone in bed but wants daddy to hold it; and sitting on the back of the couch to look out the window will always be his favorite past time.  Quirks which have definitely become more pronounced:  his distaste for any other animal on tv is cause for full scale attack mode; tub time becomes a new game of hide-and-seek where treats have to be present to coax him out from under tables and beds; and bed time is 9:00 sharp or else he becomes a whiney over-tired toddler with a temper tantrum.  What can I say?  He's a creature of habit and I love him all the more for it.

What are some of your pets quirks that have become more pronounced over the years?  Reminisce with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'