Friday, August 26, 2011

Furry Friday: Relaxation


Well hello blog world!  How have you been?  I must apologize.  August is by far the most trying month for me at work.  I work at a college and there is a lot of hustle and bustle to get ready for the new school year.  There's many a late night and an early morning that you will find me still at my desk entering transactions.  I pretty much don't have a life until the semester starts to wear in, which means missed blog postings and even absences from family dinners.  Fortunately for me, my boys are understanding.  Without them, this time period might actually set me over the edge.

Just in case you didn't know, there are several documented health benefits to having a fur-child (visit WebMd) the likes of which include allergy reduction, less instances of depression, lower blood pressure, and less chances of developing heart disease.  Not to mention they are great conversation starters (I know I always bring up my dog when meeting new people).  Well in times of stress I can most certainly attest to the calming feeling that comes over me when I hang out with little Rye-guy.  He's always all too happy to see me and when I'm feeling wiped out and just want to relax, he's okay with that too.  There's nothing better than chillax' on the couch with my fur baby and a good book, especially in the month of August.  There's just something about his mannerisms that bring me back to the present and help me to appreciate the little things and forget the stresses of work.  


Now if I could only bottle that up and sell it, I could retire with him while we're both still young...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'