Monday, August 1, 2011

Fair Season

I'm going to start this post off with a big "Yaaawwwnnn."  Boy am I pooped.  This weekend we spent two days at the local County Fair in the glorious sunshine, but it took a lot out of me!  Whew!  So let's recap:

Friday night I picked up my Edge.  From prior posts you'll know that my Edge had been making a bit of a racket and stumped technicians.  I am happy to report that she is back in working order and no longer sounds like she belongs in a mariachi band.  So after paying for what wasn't covered under warranty, I headed out to pick up my sisters since we were taking them to the Fair first thing Saturday.  It's sort of become our tradition.  This year was especially exciting for them because they are finally tall enough to ride all the rides. Saturday we were at the fair from 12:00pm until 8:30pm.  We enjoyed truck pulls, fair food, a circus show and of course a lot of rides.


Afterward we had a very late dinner at Pizza Hut where we answered "Would you rather" questions until our food came out.  One question in particular got a lot of giggles:  would you rather dip your finger in acid or have your large toe eaten off by a camel?  Tricia thought I said "cannibal" instead of "camel" and that led to an interesting discussion on how polar bears are indeed cannibals.  

Needless to say after all of Saturday's excitement, we all looked a lot like this come Sunday morning:

After dropping the kids off for breakfast with Mom and Dad, Justin and I headed out on a little car ride ourselves.  Who knew we had a Hannaford within 15 minutes of the house?  I sure didn't.  Guess we really do need to venture out more.  Anywho, when we got back home Justin was itching to do something so we called his sister and headed back out to the Fair with her and her boyfriend. We enjoyed watching some excessively large jacked-out tractors pull 33k pounds down the track.  Disappointingly the tractor jockeys who equipped their machines with jet engines did not do as well as we'd anticipated.   So after scoping out the vendors, checking out the livestock, and consuming some more fair food we decided it was time to head home.  Good thing we did because this morning's alarm seemed to go off even earlier than usual.  Thank goodness I only have a three day work week this week.  Man I'm getting old!

How was your weekend?  Do you like Fair season?  What is your favorite Fair activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'