Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Root Beer

I have forgotten how fun it is to drink root beer, particularly IBC Root Beer from a brown glass bottle.  This is a sure sign of growing old.  Thank God I have younger sisters to help me defeat the onset of old age.  


You see, this weekend after chopping up a downed tree at my parents house and then subsequently stacking it at our house for use this winter, we decided to hit up The Heartbreak for a late supper.  I have dined here twice and both times came away completely impressed with the culinary skill of their chef.  My dad and I ordered the beef filet with blue cheese butter and garlic mashed potatoes, Justin of course had chicken parm, my mom enjoyed Shrimp Scampi, Becca had spaghetti and meatballs, and the twins ordered personal size pizzas.  However the star of the evening was the IBC Root Beer.  The kids were so excited to appear to be drinking an adult beverage with dinner that they even asked our waiter if they could keep the bottles.  Too cute.

What are some simple things in life that you remember enjoying as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'