Friday, August 12, 2011

Furry Friday: Superstition

They say dogs bite grass for one of three reasons:

  1. They have an upset stomach from the heat or illness.  Totally believable.
  2. It's going to rain.  Pure superstition.
  3. They want more fiber in their diet.  I don't know, apparently they are connoisseurs now.

Riley has bitten grass on occasion and generally because he needed to throw up.  He has also bitten grass for a fourth reason the scientists haven't yet listed: Spitefulness.  If I am not paying attention to him or if he doesn't really want to be outside he decides to start biting grass like it's his J-O-B.  Not biting it to swallow it, just being all out destructive.  Similar to when he decides to shred tissue or toilet paper.  And to think he's just a fur-child.  I can only imagine what's in store for me when I decide to have real children.  JOY.

Last night turned into a combination session of grass biting.  I was on the phone with my sister and was walking around the yard aimlessly.  Riley did not care to be walking around the yard aimlessly.  He wanted to go back inside and eat supper.  Grass biting ensued and it became a little game for him.  When I would try to reach down and discourage said grass biting, he would prance around all playfully and continue to shred anything green in his path.  When we'd gone back inside I'd turned on the weather channel and low-and-behold they are calling for rain.  I know it's only superstition, but I would not be surprised if it did in fact rain this weekend.  This weekend is Justin's company picnic and it always rains.  

Sorry folks, the dog predicted it.  Guess I'll be packing my rain gear yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'