Thursday, August 11, 2011

Top Secret

Ok.  I've done a lot of thinking and I believe I have formulated the recipe for my dad's macaroni salad complete with measurements.  He and I just kind of go about it haphazardly and it comes out right.  It's all by taste.  This stuff is good, I would not steer you wrong. Dad used to be a short-order cook at Howard Johnson's way back in the day.  That's how he met my mother.  Six months later they were engaged.  Six months after that they married.  Nine month's later there was me.  True Hojo romance right there.  Anywho, enjoy! 

Dad's Top Secret Macaroni Salad

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz box elbows, shells, etc
  • 1 can tuna, drained
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • Handful shredded carrot
  • 1 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Pepper
  • A few good shakes of onion powder
Instructions:
  • Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
  • Combine Hellmann's Mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, salt and pepper in large bowl.
  • Stir in macaroni, red pepper, tomato, carrots and tuna.
  • Serve chilled or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'