Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kaleidoscope

Today's blog post is going to be a kaleidoscope collection of thoughts.  I couldn't really decide what I wanted to write about, so you are going to be subjected to multiple blog topics all rolled into one.

I've decided that my bad luck isn't going to change itself, so I'm going to change my outlook on life.  Through the power of positive thoughts I am hoping to climb out of this funk I have found myself in.  It kind of hit me last night when in my head I was saying "please God I just need a break" that maybe he's tired of hearing that.  My life's not so bad.  If I want things to be better I need to stop thinking of them as so horrible.  So tonight I think I am going to change up that conversation in my head by really trying to focus on positive things that may have happened today or even this week.  For instance, last Friday I had dinner and wine with two girlfriends of mine.  Then Sunday I had a few of our family and friends over for a bbq, at which our awesome neighbor and my grandfather have come up with a plan to help remove the dead Elm tree in our yard.  All of these were positive things that got overshadowed by all the sucky things that have happened lately.  I just need to be more thankful and less of a cry-baby.

Breakfast.  For those of you who know me, food is one thing I really enjoy in life.  Lately I have become bored with my daily dose of yogurt for breakfast.  I had switched up from Yoplait to Chobani, then to Brach's with granola, then back to Yoplait.  In a nutshell, breakfast has become boring and I need something to look forward to.  Lately I have even taken to skipping it because, well, that strawberry yogurt in the fridge just wasn't appealing anymore.  And as we all know, skipping breakfast is the worst thing to do if I want to keep pounds off my midsection.  I think I need something more savory, preferably healthy, but it also has to be easy.  I have limited time in the morning and I think what was great about yogurt was the "grab and go" functionality it offered.  So, ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Has anyone seen "101 Ways to Leave a Game Show"??  Oh. My. God.  My husband and I watched this last night instead of the Yankees game and we were shocked what they were able to get away with subjecting people to on this show.  Last night I watched one person be ejected from the game by being attached to an enormous anchor and dropped into the harbor, another was shot out of a cannon, and the most shocking of all was one guy was dropped into shark infested waters with chum!  The host is a little bit of a d-bag because he takes sick pleasure in ejecting people this way, but I think that's how his role is supposed to come off to the general public.  So, yeah.  We may be tuning in again just to see what they come up with next.

Did I miss anything?  What would you like to hear about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'