Friday, July 15, 2011

Furry Friday: Space Cadet

After asking around about what other folks do for their pet's allergies, the general consensus has been to utilize Benedryl.  Thank you for all the wonderful advice and commiserating.  I especially loved my friend Kate's suggestion to call the vet and tell them that my 17 lb dachshund ate an adult Benedryl tab and ask them if he'll die.  I got a good chuckle out of that one.  I did end up calling the vet anyway because I am psychotic like that, and they did tell me the adult 25mg Benedryl tabs are just fine.  Rule of thumb is 1mg for every pound of body weight.  So Riley enjoyed a little more than half of an adult Benedryl tab with a cube of cheddar cheese and finally found relief from scratching his poor little face off.  Let me tell you though, about an hour into Benedryl he is a total space cadet.  I found him sitting in the hallway staring at the ceiling.  So, I did what good mommies do and I cuddled him on the couch so he, ahem, so we could take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'