Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Awwwbany Shopping

Oh how I miss Albany shopping ("Awwwbany" as a friend of mine says).  Albany has the convenience of being 5 minutes from just about any store you could want or need.  Don't get me wrong, where I live now I kind of have the best of both worlds.  I live on a country road but I am still 5 minutes from a Price Chopper, a Wal-Mart, an Agway, a handful of pizza places, a movie theater, and a small shopping plaza.  However, as you can probably already guess, the store selection is very limited and most close around six p.m.  A new store is in development by my workplace and it was rumored to be Target (aka Tar-Jay).  Boy was I excited!  Well I was until I heard officially that it's TJ Max instead.  Don't hoot and holler - I like TJ Max too, just not as much as I love me some Tar-Jay

The magical thing about Target is that it's like a Wal-Mart and a Sears combined.  They have awesome shoes by Isaac Mizrahi, out of this world home decor, and even some food stuff.  All affordable, but a little more upscale than your typical catch-all store.  I guess until the surrounding townships enter the 21st century I'll have to get my Tar-Jay fix online.  I don't really mind that too much, especially when they run sales like this "Spend $75 Get 20% Off + Free Shipping on Select Women's Apparel & Accessories".  Yeah, that sounds right up my ally.

Speaking of Isaac Mizrahi, did anyone else watch him on Style Network way back when?  I think it only had one season, but I loved watching his show.  He just makes me smile.  Isaac is like Martha Stewart but more fun!  He always has creative ideas for re-purposing clothing and accessories.  And he is very expressive without much filtering.  A man after my own heart.  He apparently has web-i-sodes now and a video blog.  I may have get reaquainted with him and his quirky self.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'