Friday, June 17, 2011

Furry Friday - Meet Riley Chance

Inspired by a recent post over at Amanda Talar's blog, I've decided to blog about my Furbaby on this Friday.  I know it's going to sound cheesy, but every now and then my husband Justin and I like to look back at photos of Riley when he was a pup.  It's hard to believe he was once less than five pounds. 

"Riley Chance" - day of adoption
Aside from size he hasn't changed much.  He has kept his rambunctious little attitude, love of stick chewing, and a ton of other little cute quirks I can't even begin to describe.  It's amazing that four years later, he is still just as precious to us as he was on day one.  Who knew that one day on vacation in NH would change the rest of our lives?  We were visiting friends of ours and stopped in to a little pet shop near Rye Beach and as fate would have it we adopted Riley (Rye for short).  His middle name “Chance” was also purposeful as our landlord at the time did not allow pets – so there was a chance we would be kicked out of our apartment. Regardless of that fact, something just felt right like it was meant to be. We had to have him. Well, not even a month after adopting Riley my husband’s father passed away suddenly. I swear, if it weren’t for Riley I’m not sure how we would have made it through the weeks that followed. Riley has been a great comfort and a fabulous addition to our little family.

Riley - all grown up.

Do you have any pets?   Are you like the rest of us who believe they are part of the family?

2 comments:

  1. I fell upon this after a somewhat random Google search and I am SO GLAD I did! That lil' pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Always glad to have a new reader! I'm semi-obsessed with my dog, so there's plenty more about him here on the old blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'