Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Heaven on Earth

I've decided to shake things up and expand my list of favorite foods and YoCrunch Fruit Parfaits are to blame.  They are Oh My God good.  That's right - they are OMGG - I'm coining this acronym Jersey Shore style.  They are so good, you almost forget they are good for you!  At only 170 calories with 35 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of protein, these little boogers are pretty stinking good.  Not to mention they include 15% of your daily intake for both Calcium and Vitamin D and 4% of Iron and Vitamin C.  They will be making a daily appearance in my life for breakfast, we've decided we're going steady.

Here are some other foods that make my Heaven on Earth list:

  • Reuben sandwiches on pumpernickel bread with thousand island dressing.  These things probably release as many endorphins for me as chocolate, I swear.
  • Ahi Tuna Tempura at the Cheesecake Factory, Spicey scallop rolls at Ichiban, and anything sushi at Shogun of Delmar all tie at second for me because they are all equally addicting and delicious. I have a new appreciation for gluttony.
  • Chana Saag with fresh Naan from Ghandi's in Albany.  It might make me smell like a taxi driver in India by the time I'm done consuming it, but man that stuff is good!
  • Perry's White Lightening ice cream, Hershey Pie at Burger King, and Girl Scout's thin mints and caramel delights are all favorites for dessert. My dad swears we have a separate stomach for dessert and I believe him.  There is always room for dessert with me.
  • NY Strip Steak on homemade italian toast with garlic smashed potatoes at Holly's Red Rooster.  I saved up my college work study money just to go out and get this meal.  The "Red Cock," as we called it, has some of the best food in Yates county.
  • Homemade Stromboli... enough said.  My husband loves Italian and I have come to love it too.
  • Chicken fingers with honey mustard dressing. Did you know honey mustard is an aphrodisiac?  I kid you not, Google it.
  • The Grilled Chicken Special #1 from Phoenix Grill (it has chicken, bacon, ranch, tomato and melted mozzarella).  When we order out for lunch I always set out to save half of this monstrous sandwich for the next day, but it's so flavorful that I can't control myself.
Alright, I have to stop now that I've made myself feel absolutely famished.  What are some things that would make your "Heaven on Earth" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool kids leave messages... just sayin'